What was your dream when you were a little girl? I wanted to be a mermaid. Didn’t you, too? I will admit I use to pretend I was a mermaid in our swimming pool growing up. Well, Bowfish Studios is a place where your imagination becomes reality. Bowfish offers mermaid and unicorn makeovers…..and yes, they are magical for all ages!
Bowfish surprised my daughter with a birthday makeover over the weekend! To double the fun, we even got to invite one of her friends. I was so excited for everyone. My daughter’s imagination already runs wild so I can’t even imagine all the nerves and pure excitement she must of felt during her own transformation.
The appointment started off with the girls deciding if they wanted to transform into mermaids or unicorns. Easy choice. Mermaids! The second choice was what mermaid they wanted to be….(aka pink, purple or blue tail).
After both deciding they wanted to become “Brighton” the purple mermaid, the girls were taken back to the sequin dressing rooms to change into their new tee (which they got to take home) and their mermaid tails!
Hair braids, eye shadow, lip stick, face paint, glitter and sparkle tattoos…the girls were in awe of all the fun! At one point, my daughter said “i really love the lipstick”….and this was her FIRST TIME wearing any kind of makeup. I am in trouble!
After the final dust of glitter was placed on their arms, the girls were officially mermaids. Professional looking may I add. The girls had a blast posing for the camera in their mermaid tails with their new hairdo + mermaid makeup! Okay, mommy had a blast requesting for them to pose for the camera. Seriously, if you vacation at the Jersey shore or live close by….you must go! Its seriously such a fun experience, and I loved our mommy + me time during this fun adventure! Ps. Bowfish Kids sells the cutest infant and toddler clothing + gifts too….it will be hard NOT to leave without buying something adorable. I am guilty every time.
If you knew me well, you would know I have a mini obsession with paper products….greeting cards, invitations + stationary! I love sending thank you cards, designing invitations + customizing our yearly holiday cards. I am always willing to spend a premium for the better card stock, color selections + customization. Well, I finally found a website that can do it all, at an affordable price!
Introducing, Basic Invite!
Last week, I received a few samples in the mail from Basic Invite (yes, you can actually order customized samples). I was super impressed with how fast my order was mailed, how it was packaged + its high quality. I even got a personalized email inquiring about my order + its delivery status….talk about great customer service! I ordered a few different thank you card styles, a birth announcement + a stationary card.
Below are some of the designs I choose…
….Aren’t they perfect? I’m really excited about how cute + personalized the thank you cards from my son + daughter came out! Over the past month, we have been blessed with tons of extra help around the house and received many gifts as we welcomed our son. The personalized thank you card from my daughter is the perfect way to thank our family + friends who stopped over with “Big Sister” gifts + spent their time playing with my daughter (and to help this mama balance life at home with two kids). The transition from only child to Big Sister is sometimes a challenge! And since raising a child takes a village, I have a lot of thank you cards to start writing!I plan to have my daughter help me write her thank you cards, since its never too early to teach the virtue of gratitude.
In addition to Basic Invite thank you card styles, they offer endless about of stationary, wedding invitations, birth announcements + more!
Need another reason to try Basic Invite? Check out all their features!
- Almost Unlimited Colors – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design you can change the color of each element on the card to over 180 different color options so you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it down to the littlest detail.
- Custom Samples – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so they can see exactly how it will print as well as the paper quality before they ever have to place their final order.
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes – Basic Invite is just as colorful with their envelopes as they are with their invitations. Customers can choose from over 40 different colors when it comes to their envelopes so that they can make their invitation stand out even before it is opened. All of their envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed.
- Free Address Collection Service – Use their free address collection service to request your addresses with just three simple steps. Share a link, collect addresses, and get free envelope printing. (seriously, genius!)
- Thank You Cards – They carry over 1500 thank you card designs. Each one of them customizable to suit your style. They have a thank you note for every occasion and their designs vary from foil to photo and everything in between!
For a limited time, use CODE 15FF51 for 15% off everything site wide.
Want to see more? FollowBasic Invite on Social Media! I love their IG feed!
Thank you Carly for our beautiful family photographs! I will forever cherish these photos of the 3 (almost 4) of us!
If you’re looking to book a wedding or family portraits in the Philadelphia region, contact Carly! She’s the best!
I am so proud of myself for ordering + mailing our holiday cards on time this year! I literally just got home from the post office! My daughter loved helping me with the stamps, and dropping our cards into the mailbox. With a baby on its way, I been trying to stay organized, and checking off my to-do list (thank you Bloom planning pads)! Every year we order our holiday cards from Minted.com! They have the best selections, and their quality is second to none. My favorite designs are the Foil Pressed. I always end up choosing a design with a little sparkle. Another reason I always order from Minted.com is their free custom envelopes, and recipient addressing! It makes sending holiday cards year after year, so easy!
One of Minted.com NEW features this year is that you can text your “photo” to Minted, and they will text you back your photo styled in 5 holiday card designs selected especially for and styled with your photo (for free!). To begin, text your photo to 415-301-CARD(2273) and answer a few simple questions, all from your mobile phone.
Black Friday starts early too! Enjoy up to 20% OFF Holiday Card orders with code BF2017 through Black Friday, 11/24!
There is no better way to keep in touch with your friends and loved ones than a holiday card from Minted. Find the perfect holiday card for your style and budget, with luxe paper and printing across Minted’s range of formats.
If you’re looking for additional stationary needs + coupons, leave me a comment! Minted.com is hosting so many Black Friday sales for Save The Dates, Wedding, Art + Decor gifts, baby + kid, and more!
Happy Thanksgiving + Black Friday Shopping! XO, S
After planning my own wedding, I contemplated getting into the bridal business. However, I quickly vetoed that idea after I realized I would be working with bridezillas, and always working weekends. Instead, I have had the honor of consulting on a few destination weddings in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Its always a joy to relive my own planning process by helping others. All of the brides have found me from my blog + Style Me Pretty…..and, it’s such a compliment when they do (so keep it coming!). Check out my wedding on Style Me Pretty, here!
Call me crazy, but I truly enjoy all the wedding planning and details that go into one’s big day. Yes, I guess I am one of those bridezillas (but I did everything myself so I beg to differ). So, what did I lack during my own planning? A wedding planner that complimented my planning. I wish Bloom’s Wedding Planner was available 5 years ago! It’s perfect for any couple planning their wedding. It’s one of my favorite gifts for the newly engaged bride or couple.
Another thing I love about Bloom’s Wedding Planner? It was designed by expert planners + brides themselves! Bloom planners are designed for everyone. They even specialize in daily planners from Middle Schoolers to Moms!
Some of my favorite features of Bloom’s Ultimate Wedding planner are the following sections:
- “our visions,” a space to create your own vision board…. start clipping those photos you found in those wedding magazines!
- “vendor planning,” where you can log all your contact information + notes. I love the detailed worksheets per vendor to help in the selection and planning per category!
- “guest planning,” is a great space to help you plan your guest list, shower list, keep track of gifts received + thank you’s sent!
- “the big day,” helps you stay stress-free with day of wedding day checklists and down to the minute planning tools to help everything go smoothly! (I would also highly recommend hiring a day of wedding coordinator if your venue doesn’t already provide one).
- Storage pockets to provide ample space to store contracts, forms + more! You’ll be thankful for this feature, trust me!
You can purchase Bloom’s Wedding Planner on their website or on Amazon!
That’s right! I’m so excited to announce I partnered with Freshly Picked to give ONE lucky WINNER a choice of their favorite pair of moccasins.
Head over to my Instagram to ENTER TO WIN now!
Good luck + Happy Weekend! Contest ends 10/28 at 7pm EST!
I’ve been dreaming of doing a Mommy & Me photo-shoot with flower crowns ever since my daughter was born. There’s something a little magical and pure about a mother & her young daughter wearing delicate flowers crowns. Mason & Harlow made our beautiful matching crowns which we recently featured in our family photo-shoot with Carly Landolt Photography. I will forever cherish these photos of us. Its been just the two of us for 3.5 years, and as a mother, I am just nervous for all the changes a new baby will bring. Lately, there have been moments daily where I just embrace the hugs + giggles between us girls. I know we won’t have this unlimited time together for long. And, there’s nothing better in the world than feeling a child’s unconditional love for you. For the next ten weeks, you’ll find me soaking in all the extra love from my daughter! Her heart is pure. Her laugh is contagious. My hope is that my daughter will always knows how special and loved she is…she will always be my baby.
My Dress: ASOS Maternity
Flower Crowns: Mason + Harlow
Daughter’s Dress: Bowfish Kids